Thursday, May 7, 2009

finished, sunglasses, NCIS, the middle ages and summer!

I have officially finished freshman year. Had my last final today (mandarin), and it just feels so good to be done. Now I can just relax until Saturday when I leave. I've found something to occupy my time until then too. I'm going to call kiss108 every hour to try and win tickets to kiss concert. So far it's a lot harder than I thought it would be... Anyways, for the next few days I'm going to try to send stuff home- there's a lot of stuff. Ever since my double turned into a single I've completely taken over the room, it's a little ridiculous. Also, just noticed I have about 10 library books sitting in my room that I still need to return- not looking forward to carrying those all to the library... You know what's going to be really weird? Seeing my room empty. Oh and I have to remember to clear out my fridge and unplug it and melt all the ice in the freezer. 
Oh, so I came up with this new genius idea. Whenever I use my laptop right before bed and I have the lights turned off, my computer screen is always really bright even though I turn the brightness down all the way. So, a few nights ago I looked over on my desk and saw my sunglasses sitting there and wondered... I put them on and suddenly my computer screen was nice and dim. So from now on I will wear my sunglasses when I'm using my computer late at night. This is for two reasons. 1.) the screen is really bright and 2.) because the light from the screen can keep you up long cuz your body doesn't register it's time to sleep or something... so, it has not only one, but two positives. 
So, I just turned on the TV to see what's on and it looks like there is an NCIS marathon on that I'll watch until the office. I'm starting to get tired so I don't think I'm going to write much more- also because I finished writing my post but lost internet connection and lost half of the post so now I've got to write another one- and I hate doing that because the second one is never as good as the first. I'll quickly sum up what I had written though... 
I talked about how I'm reading a book that is set around the Middle Ages or something so people in the book talk a little differently and have weird phrases. So whenever I read this book before I go to bed, everybody in my dreams talk in this old speak and I even think in it. It's really weird, for example instead of calling the bathroom a well bathroom, it'll be called a privy in my dream. It's weird... also because it's like street folk talk (lower class and all) so it's even weirder... but yeah, like I said, I think in it too. But I finished the book so that didn't happen last night. 
Okay whatever, I'm not going to spend more time trying to write this post again, I'll just try to remember to save my posts in the future so they don't get lost like it did today. Just want to mention that I'll be updating my  blog hopefully more frequently during the summer so look out for new posts!

Enjoy your summers everyone, and i'll miss all you BU people, and I look forward to seeing all you Lex people. 

Bye, 
Maxine 

1 comment:

  1. I feel like Im always the first one to comment on your blog...so I feel a tad awkward right now.
    buuut I see where the middle ages fits in now. and I love the image of you sitting in bed at night with your sunglasses on, staring at your computer...ahhh great image.

    p.s. Im going to miss you a lot.

    ReplyDelete